The survey results are in, and the response was overwhelmingly positive for switching to aluminum & glass packaging. I've already done research and chosen suppliers for our future containers and closures, and I want to share them with you so you'll know what to expect with our upcoming look & our future rebate program.
First question first...when will these changes happen? Once I'm out of our current BPA-free, PET plastic packaging - both in terms of current inventory already packaged in plastic and the inventory that I'll be making in the near future. I have a small stock of unfilled plastic jars and bottles that I'll need to get through before I start ordering the new stuff. I estimate that we will be switched over to 100% aluminum & glass by June 2019.
So what will products look like?
- All of our products currently packaged in 4 oz. plastic bottles with spray tops (Salt Spray, Curl Spray, Leave-in Conditioner, Makeup Remover) will be switched to 4 oz. aluminum bottles with a spray top, like this:
- All of our products currently packaged in 8 oz. plastic bottles with flip top caps (Facial Washes, Toners, Hair Cleansers, Curl Conditioner, Curl Gel) will be switched to 8 oz. aluminum bottles with pumps, like this:
- All of our products currently packaged in 16 oz. plastic bottles with flip top caps (Post-Wash Herbal Lemon Rinse, Concentrated Clarifying Rinse, Body Wash) will be switched to 16 oz. aluminum bottles with pumps, like this:
- All of our products currently packaged in 4 oz. plastic jars with caps (Light Facial Cream, Whipped Facial Cream, Whipped Body Cream) will be switched to 4 oz. glass jars with caps, like this:
- Our Clear Skin Potion, currently packaged in 1 oz. clear plastic jars with caps, will be switched to a 1 oz. frosted glass jar with cap, like this:
- Our Facial Exfoliant will continue to be packaged in a 2 oz. frosted glass bottle with metal cap.
- Our Deodorant will be the only product to remain in plastic packaging, since twist-up solid deodorant packaging is only available in plastic.
Pricing Changes & Empty Container Rebates
In order to account for the considerable increase in packaging costs, you can expect the following price increases and rebates:
|products in 4 oz. bottles with sprayers||$3||$2|
|products in 8 oz. bottles with pumps||$3||$2|
|products in 16 oz. bottles with pumps||$4||$3|
|products in 4 oz. jars||$2||$1|
|clear skin potion jars||$4||$3|
Please note: these price increases won't take effect until the products are available in their new packaging.
Refill & Rebate Program
Drop off your empties with me when I'm at any of my pop-up events. I will clean and sterilize them and you get your rebate as a discount while you're at the event. I still haven't figured out my approach for people are aren't local to Richmond or if you can't make it out to an event. I have to do a little more research on return shipping costs, so stay tuned on that front!
I'm excited to be moving towards this shift towards making Bright Body as sustainable as possible. Are you looking forward to our new packaging and rebate program?!
Until next time,